Who we are
The French National Sailing and Water sport school is a Public Institute dedicated to the development of sailing and water sports.
Founded by the government in 1969, its missions include:
- Educate the professional instructors, coaches and managers for the French network of sailing and watersport operators.
- Contribute to the competitive sports programs of the french sailing federation (FFV) as well as other watersports federations.
- Produce expertises on all questions related to sailing and watersport practice through a research and documentation center and a team of permanent experts in such fields as teaching method, technical, legal, training, meteorological and development matters.
The ENVSN is located on the edge of the magnificent sailing area of the bay de Quiberon. It is based on a 20 acres coastal property that include accommodation for 150 people, classrooms and educational centers, technical premises offering changing rooms, maintenance and storage capacities for aver 200 boats.
Due to its exceptional location and resources, the ENVSN is a highly appreciated venue for foreign sailors. Most of them discover our existence through the occasion of international regattas that we organize. But it also possible to access to all our activities.
Two ways are offered to you.
- You can either join our general program of activities. The tuition will be done in French language with a special attention given to non French locutors.
- Or, you can ask for a custom made course by contacting us directly.
Reception and booking
ENVSN can offer you three standards of accommodation.
1. Standard “Regates”
100 bedrooms (single or double).
Showers and toilets facilities are available on each floor of the premises.
Bed linen and towels is not provided. You must bring it with you
2. Standard “Croisière”
40 bedrooms (single or double)
Showers and toilets inside the bedrooms
Bed linen and towels provided
3. Camping facilities
When we organize major international event or particularly important venue, it is possible to camp on our land either in camping wagon or tents.
Sanitary facilities are provided nearby the campsite.
Restaurant and cafeteria
Facing the sea, with a magnificent view, you will find our restaurant and cafeteria
The restaurant have a capacity of 200 places.
It is open everyday at the following timetable:
- Breakfast from 7.45 until 9.00
- Lunch from 12.00 until 13.00
- Dinner from 19.00 until 19.45
There is no cash payment. On your day of arrival, we will be given a card giving you access to the restaurant for the duration of your stay.
It is possible to have special services such as lunch bag, welcome coffee, gala dinner. Please ask our reception desk for all information.
Beside the restaurant, you will find a cafeteria providing you hot and cold drinks as well as snack food.
To come to us
1. By car
Address: Beg Rohu, 56510 Saint Pierre-Quiberon, France
GPS : Lat : 47.508835 – Long : -3.121058
From the dual carriageway (N165), pull out at exit « D768/Auray-Centre/La Trinité-sur-Mer/Carnac/Quiberon. Follow the Quiberon direction until you find the panel Ecole Nationale de Voile just after crossing Saint Pierre-Quiberon
2. With public transport
- From Auray railway station : Take bus ligne N°1 « auray – Carnac – Quiberon) just on the right handside getting out of the station.
Gett off the bus at stop “le Rohu”. From the bus stop, you must walk about 10’ (see map)
- In july and august, there is a seasonal train which will bring you to the station “Saint Pierre-Quiberon” (go to link) and see map
3. From Nantes airport
Take the shuttle to Nantes railway station. Then take a train to Auray
4. From Lorient airport
As there is no public shuttle, you must take a taxi either to Lorient train station (7km), to Auray train station (43km) or directly to ENVSN (56km)
NB: It is possible to be transported by one of our vehicle but you must book in advance. For booking and cost information, please contact us
ENVSN site map
Par mail :
Par téléphone :
02 97 30 30 30